Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

As the sun starts to set on the first half of this work week (in retail, this week is always viewed in two segments), I wanted to take just a second to talk about, in no particular order, some of the things I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my job and this business that I've been blessed to be part of.  How fortunate I am to have the opportunity to do something I love, and to spend time around motorcycles and the people who ride them.  I'm thankful for the three children that live in my home, Haiden, Carter, and Brandon.  You are my babies and the lights of my life.  I'm thankful for my loyal, hard-working, and loving wife Angie.  I'm thankful for my brothers, my partners in business and life.  I'm thankful for the staff here at Bumpus H-D, far too numerous to name.  You are the best in the business.  I'm thankful for parents that believed in me and raised me to know right from wrong.  I'm thankful for the thousands of friends that I've met in my 40 years and expecially for those that I've been fortunate enough to call "my best friends".  You know who you are.  Many, many of these friends are also included in the great tribe of Bumpus Harley-Davidson customers, of whom I am also thankful, each and every one of you.

Finally, I'm thankful for this great Country of ours.  God has blessed us with a place that we are free.  Free to do the things that we love.  Free to become whatever it is that we want to be, if we want to work for it and have the talent to see it through.  A country so beautiful, even more so when seen through the bars of a motorcycle.  Much ado is being made in the news of the state of affairs with this great country of ours, and I'm not going to enter my opinion in the arena here.  It's not the place for it.  I will say, however, that we are a strong Nation, because of people like you and I.  I think our best days may truly lay ahead of us.  As the songwriter said, "The Good Times Ain't Over For Good".

And for this, I'm truly Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and see you bright and early on Friday morning.,

SMB

No comments:

Post a Comment