Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Check-In from the Road

I've waited all winter for the season to arrive, and it's finally here. Road trip time. I've said from the get go, this blog is about life, and most importantly, life on a motorcycle. The nexus of motorcycle life to me, is the road trip, a break away from life. A change of scenery. From time to time, I'll offer these small check ins, glimpses of my experiences on a motorcycle.

This trip is a special one, not just because its the first of the year. This is what we call, "The District Ride". I'm joined, not only by my wife Angie and brothers Tim and Tom, and our friends Randy and Susan Yarber but also by several colleagues in the HD business. We do this ride a couple times a year. Joining us is Joey Rock, my HD district manager, and Bill Graham, our field service rep for Harley. Also on the ride are my great friends and fellow dealers, Shad Zimbro from Black Diamond HD, and Bryan and Carolyn Marsh from HD of Jonesboro. Bryan has led us on a magnificent ride through the mountains and foothills of north Arkansas. We've riden along streams and picturesque vistas and drug our foot pegs as we conquered to twisty corners of these "must ride" roads. We made our way to Eureka Springs and The Basin Park Hotel. I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures.

There's no describing what days like this do to clear the mind. The wind is crisp, the roads challenging, and all of the stresses of my week are but fleeting memories.

Road trips. Serenaded by my sound track. All is right in my world.

See you on the road soon.

Ride safe and with purpose.


SMB

No comments:

Post a Comment